Desperation is what drives many people to Life Coaching. It's an easy label to put on, but if you don't take the time to position yourself and educate yourself about what kind of coach you are, it's not good. The right coach will ask questions, listen and reflect what you hear. They'll challenge you to think in new and more ingenious ways, but a coach won't “solve anything for you”.
So is it worth it?A professional life coach can cost enormous amounts of money per hour. But should you put your hope in a life coach or should you save your money? There is no single answer to whether it's worth it or not. Nor is it about how much money you have to spend. If you're not ready to change or don't have the inclination to change, no amount of training will change you.Below are 6 reasons to hire a coach, when the result will be positive:
- If your life is in a transitional stage, a life coach can help you ensure that the change is smooth.
A major career change will bring out anxiety, stress and uncertainty in the best of us.
- A Life Coach Can Be Your Sounding Box. Never use your friends or family. You'll burn your ties and your family will quickly get tired of you treating them like a free therapist.
- Barefoot Coaching, Animas and Co-Active are some of the most recognized life coaching schools, and all of their programs are accredited by the ICF.
- I combine tried and tested training tools, with my own style of what I think works for women living abroad, for a unique and personalized coaching experience.
- Executive coaches are more concerned with business and leadership issues, while personal trainers focus on personal space.
- Successful public figures, from Oprah Winfrey to Bill Clinton, Leonardo DiCaprio and Hugh Jackman to Bill Gates, work extensively with a life coach.
Just like if you saw a doctor but refused to take the medication, life training will be a waste of time and money if you don't make the effort.I am very happy that they were honest with me in retrospect, but I felt almost defensive at the time, as if they were accusing me of voicing all of those fears around life coaching “scams”. After doing more research and talking to her, I thought life coaching used my natural skills such as good communication, albeit in different ways.Hopefully, a life coach can help me preserve my relationships that I cherish and maybe find new ones along the way. So if you're ready to make changes in your life and need someone to help guide you through it, then hiring a life coach may be worth it.